Be glad you wrent me today
Its been a while since I blogged about a day in the life of Bob for the most part but I really think I need to recap the events of today.
- Sleep in and miss church
- Get up to get shower and have no water
- Spend time in crawlspace and ourside with outdoor temperatures of 12F
- Realize that water line from well is frozen
- Go to Target and buy rather large space heater
- Spend more time in crawlspace. Thankfully the outdoor temperature has now risen to 16F
- After hours I can finally get my shower and head into NoVA to hang out
- Come home to find that the pilot light has gone out on my gas log (primary source of heat for my house). House is now at 50F.
- Pilot light will not stay lit after the burners turn on so I do some cleaning with the vaccum. As I'm cleaning a mouse runs out from beside the fireplace and scares the shit out of me.
- Go out to the kitchen for a drink and find that the mice apparently planned today in advance and decided they would begin my demise by feasting on a bad of garbage I had removed last night but didnt get a chance to take to the dump.
- Sit down at the computer for a second and happen to notice the fish in my one 55 gallon tank are quite inactive.
- Look closer at that situation and realize the heater has ceased to be -- most likely because it was working overtime dealing with the 50F house.
- War officially is declared on the mice and I venture to the gas station to purchase biological weapons of mass destruction
- Return home and place bait. Continue to argue with the gas log and finally it concedes and begins heating my house. Fish continue to be in trance-like state since there is nowhere to purchase a heater at this time.
So really.... could anything else possibly happen? I'm quite sure the answer to that question is yet and I am also quite sure that I do not want to ask the question of what it is.
Labels: aquarium, funny, heat, mice, water, weather, well
(C)2003-2008, Bob K Mertz - Some Rights Reserved